by Devan Cappelli
2000 – Phil Collins, Christina Aguilera, Enrique Ingelsias, Toni Braxton, Edward James Olmos
Many of these performers are well known for being notorious or just having catchy tune. The talented Christina Aguilera is now back in the media’s lime light for a few things: scandalous photos on the internet, getting a divorce with her husband but she has redeemed herself with the movie Burlesque. On the other hand Enrique is working his way back on the charts with “I Like It” ft. Pitbull and “Tonight I’m Loving You” ft. Ludacris.
2001 – Ben Stiller, Adam Sandler, Chris Rock, Aerosmith, ‘Nsync, Britney Spears, Mary J. Blige, Nelly
- Ben Stiller and Adam Sandler both kept on trucking after this performance, but for ‘Nsync and Britney Spears…not so much. ‘Nsync broke up and well Britney Spears cracked up…
2002 – U2
- Other than being an old VH1 rock band, U2 has been quiet since their big performance at the SuperBowl after their tour in ’08.
2003 – Shania Twain, No Doubt, Sting
- Shania Twain is still singing her country songs on the radio while No Doubt went on tour. And Sting? Well, I think he went back to the 80’s after his performance…
2004 – Janet Jackson, P. Diddy, Nelly, Kid Rock and Justin Timberlake
- Puff Daddy. Well, he was calling himself Puff Daddy and rapping while Kid Rock was rocking his long hair. We had the Janet Jackson’s famous wardrobe malfunction ft. Justin Timberlake; shocked.
2005 –Paul McCartney
- The star Beatle Mr. McCartney performed at the SuperBowl Half time show. And yes, he’s still got it.
2006 –The Rolling Stones
- The band from 1962 made a huge appearance at the 2006 SuperBowl Halftime show, 49 years after they first assembled.
- Making an incredible appearance at the Dolphin Stadium in Miami Gardens, Florida. Prince marked his legacy in the SuperBowl Half Time show performances with numerous guitars and swooning women.
2008 –Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers
- First together in 1976, the Super Bowl was a good choice. They played hits like “American Girl” at the SuperBowl in 2008.
2009 –Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band
- One of our very own Jersey boys, Bruce Springsteen hit the stage and left audiences amazed at SuperBowl XLII.
2010 –The Who
- Who performed at SuperBowl XLIV. The British band featured the one and only Pete Townshed.
2011 –The Black Eyed Peas
- The Black Eyed Peas, a band since 1995, has morphed from pop to techno. They will be the first pop group to appear since the Janet Jackson wardrobe issue…